Demystifying a Brazilian Bikini Wax
Brazilian bikini is the complete removal of all your hair from the entire bikini area ~ ALL of it! That means front to back, including labia and anus. However, you have the option of leaving some hair at the front. Below is a diagram to give you an idea of what we can leave behind.
The most popular is the Landing Strip, the Bermuda Triangle or the Clean as a Whistle. However what we leave behind is a personal decision.
We are constantly asked if waxing hurts. Unfortunately, waxing is not pain free; however, with the combination of high quality hard wax and technical experience, you can get the least painful experience. Many of our clients are surprised at how we can make your waxing experience actually pleasant, that you might even doze off to sleep!!
For us to do our job well, we ask for some cooperation from our clients. Especially if this is your first time getting a Brazilian wax, it makes sense to do a little preparation.
1) It is a good idea to exfoliate your bikini line, very gently, the night before your Brazilian Bikini Wax or any wax. In fact, you can gently exfoliate your bikini line every day/evening. This helps deter those pesky ingrown hairs and aids in a speedy removal.
2) Don’t be embarrassed – it is just like going to your doctor. We specialize in bikini waxing and we have seen it all before (literally). We are used to looking at vagina and focusing on the areas for hair removal. Our goal is to achieve a super clean area – front, back and all, in the least amount of time possible! We are not analyzing your vagina nor comparing yours to other clients. We are always doing our best to put you at ease and engage you in conversation while we are waxing you!
3) If you are very sensitive in the area take an ibuprofen (assuming you have no allergies to ibuprofen), 30 minutes before coming in for your waxing services.
4) Exfoliate after a Brazilian Bikini Wax, French, or regular Bikini Wax and if you are prone to ingrown hair, you can purchase products that help remove it such as Glo Renew Serum (an excellent ingrown hair inhibitor that smoothes the skin without drying it) and apply it to the area for up to 14 days following your wax service.
5) Come prepared – if it’s your first wax, or you haven’t been waxed in at least 8 weeks, you should trim your hairs to about 3/4 on an inch or less (but leave enough for the wax to adhere). We also recommend that you book every 4 weeks (no more) for maintenance. Your experience will be less painful every time and the job gets easier and easier as you keep it up because the hair thins and becomes less coarse.
6) Clients often wonder if they can get waxed during their period. We understand that if you are on a regular monthly schedule and you book in advance, it is often difficult to time your appointments when you finish your period. However, we can still wax you while you have your period and do an equally good job. Just wear a tampon and wipe the area clean. We wear gloves so it doesn’t make a difference to us. It is more for your level of comfort if you feel you would rather book an appointment after your period.
7) Another thing to note, you will be more sensitive the closer you are to getting your period, versus after. Despite the many waxing services you get, you might still get that random visit when every pull and tug of the wax hurts. This is usually because you are approaching your period. So try to time your appointment as best as you can.
8) Clients also ask if they can get waxed after sex. Again this is about client preference, but we would prefer that you hold off on sex before your appointment. Remember that we see everything and are working on that area. Also, a shower before coming to your appointment is very much appreciated.
9) Relax –getting a brazilian bikini wax is easier than you think. Take a deep breath and think of how sexy you will look without any hair for at least four weeks. As you get used to your waxing visits, you just might find yourself like most of our clients, dozing off while we are waxing you!
When not to wax!
If you are on accutane or any prescription vitamin A treatments, please tell your esthetician.
If you have an STD, please heal first before you get a wax.
At Lotus, we never double dip our sticks! This is a NO-NO and we are always very mindful of hygienic practices. Our hard and soft waxes shrink wrap to the hair and not the skin, which is why it is recognized in the industry as painless waxes.
If you aren’t already a die-hard brazilian bikini client at Lotus, we hope you give us a try! Our estheticians are highly experienced and do all the bikini waxes quickly, with care for the client and with precision, easing your discomfort and leaving you feeling very clean. You will be hooked!